Thing 2 – Thoughts About Web 2.0

As I read the article, “A Day in the Life of Web 2.0”, I was both excited and frightened by the enormity of Web 2.0. I’m excited about the great opportunity to be a part of this great paradigm shift in education while at the same time I’m frightened because I realize the change has already happened and I’m just now becoming a part of it. I’m not sure when life changed so and where was I when this all happened?

My mind raced as I read this article thinking of all the different ways that I too could use blogging, podcasts, videos, and wikis (whatever this is) to teach my classes. I loved the practical examples used that I could “borrow” and adapt to any area that I may teach. For the past several years, I’ve known that the old way of teaching was on its way out, but I see now that its gone. Through the use of technology, teaching has become more fast-paced, interactive, and engaging more than ever before and I want to be a part of that. No…I will be a part of this.

3 thoughts on “Thing 2 – Thoughts About Web 2.0

1. I am glad to see I was not the only one whose head was spinning after reading Warrick’s article. Its very fun to have a sense of wonderment about the possiblities. It really fuels the creative side of the brain. Very fun.
    Jason

2. I am glad to see I was not the only one whose head was spinning after reading Warrick’s article. Its very fun to have a sense of wonderment about the possiblities. It really fuels the creative side of the brain. Very fun.
    Jason

3. This is fun and every week I’m learning something new. My mind is running a millions minds per second with ideas about how I can use blogs and wikis to teach the teachers I serve and help them brainstorm ideas about how they can use these technologies with their students. There was another easy technology I found that I thought students might like called WhiteBoard. It allows students/teachers to write and edit a blog (or other places) and then post it online after their done. It was very similar to using Word, but fun. However, I can’t find it right now. When I find it again, I’ll share the link.